Modern cars now land with brake discs in the front and yet others have disc brake behind also. The brake caliper is a part of the brake system itself. How does the caliper work? Each time the brake pedal is pressed, the car brake fluid is made to flow to the calipers via the master’s cylinder. The pressure from the brake pedal is then transferred to the brake fluid that in turns pressurizes the piston inside the calipers that presses the brake pad against the rotors to either reduce the car speed or halt it. Usually a car has 2-4 calipers. If the car is made to have rotors on all four tires then it has four rotors. Where it has just two rotors and two drums it has only two calipers that are found in the front. The brake caliper may corrode and begin leaking brake fluid. Also in view of the fact that brake caliper gets lots of heat produced by the brake system, seals in it can get bad weaken or worn out inside the caliper. To prevent this, ensure that caliper is serviced or fixed together as a routine brake job.
Works performed on brake caliper comprises also brake pad repairs. If the calipers are worn out, it is likely that the brake pads also have been worn out also.
What is the Fix
- Detach and replace brake pads and calipers.
- Routinely inspect car .brake rotors
- Conduct a routine check also on brake hoses and lines.
- Be sure that brake fluid is replaced as and when due
- Inspect brake system to ensure zero leaks
- The brake system should be bled
- Wheels should be torqued to specified factory requirements.
- Observe car brake performance.
It is imperative that you follow the regular brake repairs as stated by the manufacturer. Also if you are given to driving with a thin, you are likely to ruin the calipers. Ensure prompt replacement of brake fluids (Every 30. 000 miles). In any situation where you observe clear fluid on your driveway or tires and a variation in your brake pads braking ability, be sure to have your car braking system checked.
What are Signs of A Bad Brake Caliper
- A car pulling either left or right during braking
- Spongy brake petal feeling. A brake pedal that goes all the way down during braking.
- Leaking brake fluid.
Consider all car services associate with brake repairs are essential and therefore should be handled by a professional.